Multi Parts Archive Extracting Guide
Why we need them
To cope with the limited capacity storage medium, we split the file into multiple parts and then transfer via any feasible medium. For instance, Telegram permits max 4GB of file through, so if we want to share a file worth of 12 GB we will need to split the file into multiple parts, 4GB of each, before uploading.
Because we are dealing here with archive files (zip/rar/tar/7z) specifically, so to identify multi parts archive, you will notice the file name ending with
- In case of zip :
- In case of rar :
- In case of 7z :
How to extract them
Make sure you have a working unarchive utility of your choice pre installed on your machine. Here are some recommendations.
Now comes the actual job
- Download all the parts of the file and put them into single folder.
- Run the unarchive utility on part 1st only, the remaining parts will be detected automagically on the basis of their file metadata.
- Wait for the proess to finish.
- The files will be extracted into a new folder created into your current directory.
- You can calculate the size of extracted folder to confirm that all the parts have been extracted successfully.
- Feel free to purge the archive files.
That is pretty much about it. If you found it useful consider sharing with friends & toast this post. Thanks for taking time to read this :)