7 Things This Week #4
A weekly list of interesting things I found on the internet, posted on Mondays.
- If you find zines helpful to digest byte sized concepts like those wizardzines.com by Julia Evans, you might want to check out How to make a zine from a single sheet of paper by Austin Kleon. I personally want to try my hands with digital zines but knowing how to create tangibles is a plus anyway.
- If you are a MacOS user you will definitely find something worth a pick from The favorite little Mac tips by Birchtree.
- CSS Wrapped 2023 - An end-of-year roundup covering 27 CSS & Web UI features that landed in browsers this year.
- A thread on Mastodon about Indie iOS apps shared by their respective developers. I bookmarked some apps to try later: HDMI Monitor, Book Tracker & Bartleby.
- tblock - FOSS systemwide ad blocker that uses the hosts file; an anti-corporate content blocker written in Python and licensed under GPLv3. I have been using NextDNS for past few years now but this is worth a try.
- Bookmarked some titles from the 2023 Favorite Books for next year reading list. I have yet to compile my list of Favorite reads this year, Phew!
- I learned about the Barnum effect - our tendency to apply personal meaning to statement that could apply to many people. Something you can spot in personality tests, horoscope, fortune-tellers, con artists & in the dark patters used in marketing.
Thanks for reading this issue of 7 Things originally inspired from Jarrod Blundy. If you enjoyed these links or have something neat to share, please let me know.
Reply via mail