August 2023 in Review
August is gone, and the new month has arrived with the drop in average temperature already. Day after day, the weather of the autumn 🍁 brings a crispness to the air, signaling the changing of seasons.
I attended college for two days this month as we had a scheduled seminar. On the first day, I got the topic ‘Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment’ approved, and on the second day, after a gap of four days, I presented the topic.
I did a complete project on Automated CI/CD Pipeline
The stack used in the project:
- Git / Github for Source Code Management
- Jenkins as CI tool
- Maven as a build tool
- Tomcat as artifact repository
- Ansible for automation
- Docker for containerization
I didn’t document the project in writing as my 1-year free tier of AWS also expired in the early week of August. I should still be able to use free tier eligible individual services, but to be safe, I terminated all the allotted resources to avoid any surprise billing.
- I have been thinking about this for some months so I released Blogroll on this website – which is a collection of my recommended blogs.
- With a Go based CLI utility & Bash Shell script I created a simple Promodoro for Mac CLI.
So far, I have the longest streak of writing for any month, which is good as I am getting more comfortable with writing frequently.
- Getting Your Public IP Address
- Ideal Client for Storing 2FA Secrets
- A Beginner’s Guide to Implementing UFW on Linux
- Start Your Own Blog
- Creating Promodoro for Mac CLI
- Introducing Blogroll
- Multiplexing with tmux
- Generating SSH Keys for Remote Login
- Universal Edibility Test
- Email Aliases for Preventing Spam & Identifying Breaches
- The Fallacy Detective by Nathaniel Bluedorn : suggested title if you want to get better with critical thinking & spotting fallacies
- The Para Method by Tiago Forte : finished in one sitting on the day of release
- Prepper’s Survival Medicine Handbook : I would absolutely recommend this to learn basic life skill of providing immediate care in case of any bodily harm. It also covers certain life saving techniques like CPR & AED.
- Ultimate Guide to Web Design by Adrian K
- The Kubernetes Handbook by Farhan Hasin
- Kashful Mahjub by Syed Ali bin Usman Al Hujveri رَحِمَهُ ٱللَّٰهُ : My best read of the month
- Ilm ul Qur’an by Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan Naemi رَحِمَهُ ٱللَّٰهُ (MM)
- Matti Ke Bartan Istemal Karne Ke Faide (MM)
- Tang Waqt Mai Namaz Ka Tariqa (MM)
- Ilm e Tafseer (MM)
- Tafseer Siratul Jinan Parah 4 (MM)
- Sunniyo Ki Aapsi Ladai Ka Illaj (AMO)
- Doli Aur Arthi (AM)
- Sheikh Saddo (AM)
I will exhaust the Omega3 Fish Oil Supplement in a week. So last night I placed order for new pack. This time I am going with different brand ‘Neuherbs Deep Sea Omega 3 Fish Oil’ for it delivers 2.5x dosage, 2500mg, as compared to ‘Truhabit Fish Oil’ which is 1000mg per capsule.
Besides Neuherbs pack also contains Vitamin D3 & E in good concentration taking care of bone & skin needs. It have 892mg EPA which lowers cholestrol levels in blood hence improves heart health & 594mg DHA which is good for brain metabolism while Truehabit contains only 180 EPA & 120 DHA. It costs 250 INR extra but that is justified.
✍🏻 Closing Note
That is my month of August in wrap. May be I’m missing some things here but the aforementioned categories are standards of evaulation for my progress. Academics, Development, Reading, Writing, … & Health.. but I’m not tracking that consciously, yet.
Reply via mail